Re: [Xen-users] High Number of VMs

On 09/10/2011 07:39 AM, Andreas Olsowski wrote:
That is no longer true. CLVM supports clustered snapshots. I use it
already.
When i do a live migration of a guest that has its data on a cLVM
volume, does that work? I mean, wouldnt some kind of "deactivate volume
at source" and "activate volume at target" have to be incorporated into
the xl(or xm/xend) toolstacks?

Live migration works entirely independently of the disk technology under the covers. NFS, LVM, iSCSI, FC, OCFS2 -- live migration doesn't care and works the same on all of them.

John

--
John Madden / Sr UNIX Systems Engineer
Office of Technology / Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana

    Free Software is a matter of liberty, not price. To understand
    the concept, you should think of Free as in 'free speech,' not
    as in 'free beer.' -- Richard Stallman