Re: [Xen-users] High Number of VMs

Viele Grüße.
Christian

Am 11.09.2011 um 00:06 schrieb "netz-haut - stephan seitz" <s.seitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Am Samstag, den 10.09.2011, 10:42 +0200 schrieb Christian Motschke:
I forgot to include the list…
>> That is no longer true. CLVM supports clustered snapshots. I use it
> already.
>> But there is another limitation. You have to open the LV in exclusive
> mode
>> (lvchange -aey). It is enough to compile CLVM with openais and you
> have your
>> Cluster running in minutes.
>>

> That's great news! I was checking the web every so often to see if this
> feature had been added yet but hadn't recently.

If you use Debian, I can send a link where you can download my packages.
    Christian,

I've already done some clvm/openais packages for lenny (i'm not going to dist-ugrade  that monocultural dom0 "cloud" until EOL, for obvious reasons)
My packages were built above openais 0.84 and clvm 2.02.39-8.
If your's are newer (maybe 2.02.46 or higher) AND match lenny dependencies (especially the whole DM stuff), I'ld really like to check them out. If possible, I'ld prefer deb-src instead of deb ;)

I use corosync and openais (1.4?) from unstable and have compiled the whole LVM myself. I use the packages under squeeze, because there are no other dependencies. LVM is 2.02.88.
Source and binary packages can be downloaded from www.motschke.de/debian.
Maybe you can compile the sources under lenny.

Thanks,

Stephan

> Thanks
>
> James

Christian
--

Stephan Seitz
Senior System Administrator

   netz-haut GmbH
   multimediale kommunikation

   Zweierweg 22
   97074 Würzburg

   Telefon: 0931 2876247
   Telefax: 0931 2876248

    Web: www.netz-haut.de

   Amtsgericht Würzburg – HRB 10764
   Geschäftsführer: Michael Daut, Kai Neugebauer