[Xen-users] Bridging between two subnets

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Bridging between two subnets
From: Pratik Amin <pratikamin7777@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 01:25:14 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 22:26:29 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi everyone:

I am currently trying to setup Xen in a very similar setup to:http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/360.

We have a server provided by a dedicated server provider. We have 1 public IP in the subnet with a gateway, and a range of secondary IP's (which are also public). I want the guest VM's to be able to use these public ips, as far as I under they should be routing through the host.

After messing around for a few hours I got a VM to bridge with peth0, (inside virt-manager, shared network connection). I have set up a dummy network as one of my secondary public IP's on the host and am using that as a gateway. I was wondering if this is the correct way of doing this? Should I have the network-bridge or network-route scripts enabled inside xend-config?

At the moment I get "Redirect Host (next hop GATEWAYIP). " Apologizes in advanced if this is a silly question :)