Re: [Xen-users] Which distro to use for Dom0

On 1/12/2011 11:06 AM, Donny Brooks wrote:
On 1/12/2011 10:59 AM, Digimer wrote:
On 01/12/2011 11:55 AM, Donny Brooks wrote:
I am not worried about the xen version really. I have 4.0 on centos
currently from the third party repo. I mainly need whatever supports the
best live/auto migration. Basically if I have a server fail I need
whatever was running on it to switch to the backup server "automagically".

Food for thought: What would be the difference in the above support
between Ubuntu/Debian and Fedora 14?
Automatic VM migration in a failure would best be achieved with a 2-node
cluster. Fedora 14 would be best there, as I believe most of the
developers of Pacemaker and RHCS use Fedora/RHEL. At the least, it's
pretty RPM-centric, then gets ported to .deb's.

That in and of itself is not always the best argument though. It was
enough to make me switch from Debian/Ubuntu to RHEL (CentOS)/Fedora though.

Thanks for the input. Currently we do not have any form of auto failover so that is a must moving forward. So is pacemaker the best way to provide auto failover with xen 4.0?