Re: [Xen-users] Problems with installing Xen 3.1.3 from source code.

To: Virajith Jalaparti <virajith.j@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Problems with installing Xen 3.1.3 from source code.
From: David Markey <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 17:48:29 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 09:49:43 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Why such an old version?

On 17 October 2010 03:04, Virajith Jalaparti <virajith.j@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to install Xen 3.1.3 from the source code. The machine on which I would like to install it doesn't have access to the Internet. So I did a "make world" on a different machine, copied the files to where I actually wanted to install Xen and then re-built and installed it. However, when I boot into the new kernel and try to execute "xm" or "xend", I get the following errors:
$ sudo xm
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/sbin/xm", line 8, in ?
 from xen.xm import main
File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/xen/xm/main.py", line 48, in ?
 import xen.lowlevel.xc
ImportError: /usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/xen/lowlevel/xc.so: undefined symbol: xc_get_device_group

$ sudo xend
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/sbin/xend", line 42, in ?
 from xen.xend.server import SrvDaemon
File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/xen/xend/server/SrvDaemon.py", line 17, in ?
 import xen.lowlevel.xc
ImportError: /usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/xen/lowlevel/xc.so: undefined symbol: xc_get_device_group

I am not sure why these errors were coming. Anyone has experienced a similar problem? Can someone help me out with this?

Thanks in advance,
Virajith