[Xen-users] Re: using DRBD VBDs with Xen

okay, now my memory is coming back on setting up DRBD. The reason it's not
working is because your tell xen to start the domu with drbd script. If you
look at the block-drbd script in the /etc/xen/script/ directory to wil see
the drbd only handles making the drbd resource primary and then hands off
the device listed under disk in your drbd config to the domu to boot the
operation system.  Let give you an example,

Here is my setup at my office.

hardware raid10 --> lvm -> drbd -> domu   <- what this mean is my server has
raid into setup in lvm, then I create lv's for each
drbd virtual disk I wanted to create.  so /dev/XEN00/proxy --> is setup as a
disk in drbd.conf as resource proxy. Now when you look in my domU proxy
config you will see this  disk = [ 'drbd:proxy,xvda,w' ]. This works because
each virtual drbd resource has a lv parition with an operating system behind
it.

The reason your setup is not working is because you handing the domu an drbd
virtual device that has file-system behind it and when you domu boot up xen
doesn't know it need to mount the drbd and then give a file back-end. You
going to need to write a script to handle some of this work or ask if anyone
had a script already made.

This is base off your setup below, if I understand what you are trying to
do.

hardware raid -> drbd -> file-system -> domu