Re: [Xen-users] DomU PV network problems

To: Sauro Saltini <saltini@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] DomU PV network problems
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 15:42:15 +0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 01:43:39 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 4:18 AM, Sauro Saltini <saltini@xxxxxx> wrote:
> My current configuration is :
> - Xen 4.0.0
> - DOM0 kernel 2.6.31.13
> - DOMU kernels either 2.6.31.13 or 2.6.36-rc3 (vanilla)

> As soon as I've converted the fw DomU's to a PV domain (using either
> 2.6.31.13 or 2.6.36-rc3 kernels with PV drivers) something changed in a
> weird way...

Do you mean convert it to PV domain, or keep it as HVM but use PV drivers?

> on Dom0 "tcpdump -nvvi br0" (br0 = external bridge) never shows up any
> traffic !

What does tcpdump on domU's vif (by default it's named vifx.y, where x
and are numbers) within dom0 shows?
Does both dom0 and your PV domU has ip forwarding
(/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward) enabled?
Do you still use ioemu line? What does your domU config look like?

> Please help...
> Many thanks in advance.

You can try using xenified kernel on domU and see if it helps: patch
from http://code.google.com/p/gentoo-xen-kernel/downloads/list +
kernel 2.6.34.6 (or whatever 2.6.34.x that the patch can cleanly apply
to).

--
Fajar