[Xen-users] Xen branches

To: <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen branches
From: "Jonathan Tripathy" <jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 11:15:52 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 03:17:20 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Everyone,

As some of you are aware, I'm a very security paranoid person. I guess this is a good way to be :)

Anyway, is the 3.4.x branch of Xen still "supported"? By supported, I mean are security and bug fixes still being developed? Or is everything moving to 4.0?

I've set up some Xen infrastructure using Xen 3.4.2 (due to upgrade to 3.4.3 in a couple of weeks) to host VPSs to customers, and everything seems rock solid. There was quite a bit of flakyness with 4.0 in my experience.

Just trying to guage if whether I should revisit 4.0 for future server installations if the VPS hosting business needs to grow

Thanks