[Xen-users] XCP 0.5 release upgrade, oddity

To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] XCP 0.5 release upgrade, oddity
From: Vern Burke <vburke@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 12:46:59 -0400
Cc: Dave Scott <Dave.Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 09:48:24 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You knew it was going to happen, you just knew it :).

I just started upgrading the production cloud from 0.1.1 to 0.5 this afternoon. Migrated all the VMs to the slaves, upgraded the pool master, then I thought I'd check to make sure the upgraded pool master rejoined the pool ok, so I tried to view all VMs from the console and got "This feature is not available in pools with more than 100 virtual machines."

I don't know if this is just an artifact of doing this on a partially upgraded pool or what, but since I have well south of 100 VMs, I'd call it a bug :). Good news is that XCCS displays this info correctly, so this appears to be a non-critical bug :).

--
Vern Burke

SwiftWater Telecom
http://www.swiftwatertel.com