RE: [Xen-users] Xen in Linux distributions

>On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 07:02:37 -0700 <grantmasterflash@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>This has been a popular discussion. I think Xen in Dom0 is over hyped. We don't have ESX in the kernel. Anyway a shift in thinking is in order. If you want to use "off the shelf Linux" you can use the CentOS5x series as Dom0 (and upgrade Xen using the gitco repos) or use Suse as Dom0. I think the future is just using a Xen Distro like XCP or Xenserver. The Dom0 is a "product" as apposed to being Linux with an added package. It would have been nice to have Xen in the mainline kernel and it still may happen but I predict it will only happen when it doesn't matter anymore. Call my cynical.

>I'm probably migrating all of my CentOS/Xen 3.4 machines to XCP in the future.

>Grant McWilliams

So was XCP built of of Linux from scratch? If that is the case then the xen "product" is still a form of Linux is it not?

And I find you point with have Xen in mainline funny but true as well.

-M

Enter for a chance to get your town photo on Bing.ca! Submit a Photo Now!