[Xen-users] frob_iptable not getting called for network-bridge?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] frob_iptable not getting called for network-bridge?
From: "Matthew Law" <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 11:31:34 -0000
Delivery-date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 03:32:16 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi list,

I have a CentOS Xen 3.4.2 dom0 setup with:

(network-script 'network-bridge netdev=eth0 antispoof=yes')

and:

(vif-script vif-bridge)

The problem is that newly created domUs are firewalled (the FORWARD chain
policy is DROP).

Looking at the scripts in /etc/xen/scripts, shouldn't the frob_iptable
function should take care of adding the correct rules to permit access to
the domU IP?  Or have I missed something?

Here is the output of 'brctl show' with  guests running:

[root@mydom0 xen]# brctl show
eth0            8000.003048d9edf6       no              vifdomu1
                                                        vifdomu2
                                                        peth0

and here is the output of 'iptables -L':

[root@mydom0 xen]# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain FORWARD (policy DROP)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            PHYSDEV match
--physdev-in peth0

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

If I drop the FORWARD rules and set it to ACCEPT by default, domU
networking starts to work, but I would rather do it right.

Thanks in advance,

Matt