[Xen-users] 2008 GPLPV + Sysprep /generalize

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] 2008 GPLPV + Sysprep /generalize
From: Nathan O'Sullivan <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 15:39:07 +1100
Delivery-date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 20:41:19 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I'm working on building my master 2008 template. I can run "bcdedit /set testsigning on" and the GPLPV drivers work great - nice work James Harper!

I'm a bit new to working with Windows images, but it appears the standard thing to is to run "sysprep /generalize /oobe /shutdown" and then backup the image for later duplication.

The problem comes with the /generalize flag, which Google seems to tell me is needed to reset the internal Windows SID (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_identifier) but the /generalize flag also appears to reset the "bcdedit" change.

I have also tried using the hacky ReadyDriver Plus, but it suffers the the same problem when combined with /generalize.

Has anyone on the list encountered this issue before? Any advice on a solution or work-around ?

Regards
Nathan