Re: [Xen-users] Windows 2008 64 bits + gplpv driver = BSOD

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 5:18 AM, James Harper
<james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Unfortunately, that might not work. Windows will refuse to load
> xenpci.sys
>> if testsigning isn't right, and because it integrates itself into the
> ata
>> driver stack as an 'upper filter', when it fails windows might fail
> the whole
>> stack, even in safe mode.

> Boot from the Install CD, go into recovery mode, and fix the registry.
> Remove any value where XenPCI is in UpperFilters. Remove all xen*.sys
> from windows\system32\drivers too.

That's ... a pain :P

You did say the main problem is testsigining, right? So is it safe to
assume that if we can get windows to disable driver signing
enforcement by first pressing F8 (or tab key, on 2008r2) then the
NOGPLV switch will work as expected?

--
Fajar