Re: [Xen-users] multiple vlan in dom0 and domu

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] multiple vlan in dom0 and domu
From: Simon Hobson <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 19:44:40 +0000
Delivery-date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 11:45:33 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vladimir Elizarov wrote:

I use a script network-multi vlan and network-bridge-vlan for multiple VLANs in domu.

Several domu uses the bridge vlanbr30. Need to dom0 as was in this vlan'e. How? I tried to put a bridge interface ip, but with him until the rest domu in vlanbr30 not get through. How to understand the need to create a virtual interface (vifx.y) and add it to the bridge vlanbr30. How?

If I follow you correctly, your physical interface uses VLANs and your Dom0 is configured with interfaces on multiple VLANs. You now want to connect one or more DomUs to one or more VLANs.

I see two ways of doing this, I'm sure someone will be along soon enough to say which is easiest to set up and use - and if both options are actually possible.

1) Attach the physical interface to a single bridge, and then every vif will automatically get access to all VLANs. Each DomU will have to be configured for VLAN operation. I'm assuming here that the bridge will just transparently forward tagged packets - would you need to adjust MTU ?

2) Attach each VLAN to a separate bridge - so each bridge is carrying untagged packets for a specific LAN. Then you would configure DomUs with as many interfaces as there are LANs they need to connect to - the DomU is NOT configured for VLANs as it now has a separate interface on each LAN.

--
Simon Hobson