Re: [Xen-users] Trying to Run OpenSolaris PV

> Hi Nick,
>
> Not sure what is going on here, but I had successfully installed a PV
> Opensolaris guest a while back.
>
> My extra line was:
>
> extra="/platform/i86xpv/kernel/amd64/unix -B console=ttya,livemode=text"

Tried changing my config with this line and still no good - same error in xm
dmesg.

> Then I attached the console when I created the VM, selected the
> keyboard/lang and did a vnc setup so I could see the graphical
> installer.
>
> I put it in my blog (not trying to advertise) here:
> http://www.taiter.com/blog/2009/02/opensolaris-200811-paravirtual.html

Thanks - I'll take a look.

> This has the VNC setup and the running config that is slightly different
> than the install config.
>
> Mind you, this was for Opensolaris 2008.11 and not SNV-128 so I am not
> sure if it will work for you.

Mine is actually Opensolaris 200906 with the update to the 0.5.11-0.128 dev
packages.

-Nick

--------
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are
not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient,
please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR)
Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly
prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this
message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and
delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message
that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor
attributable to SEAKR.