Re: [Xen-users] no rule to make world

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 9:36 PM, Tapas Mishra <tapas@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I downloaded source tarball of xen to compile I got a directory named
> linux-2.6.18-xen-3.4.2 in /usr/src since I untarred it there but in
> the README there only method to compile a kernel has  been given there
> is no information about Xen or installing Xen from sourced I did a
> make menuconfig and then upon doing make world I got the error
>
> make: *** No rule to make target `world'.  Stop.

That would be the xenified linux kernel, not xen. To compile the
kernel you do what you usually do when compiling kernel. i.e.
something like make menuconfig, make, make modules_install, make
install.

The source for xen hypervisor is a different download on the same page
(http://www.xen.org/products/xen_source.html), look for "Xen 3.4.2
(hypervisor and tools) official source distribution"

--
Fajar