Re: [Xen-users] difference between Xen and Dom0 kernel

Hi
I have finally been able to run Xen on my computer thanks to all to
make it work I have got now other issues like PCI MMCONFIG not working
etc etc on other distributions I tried though the .config file is not
yet what I have got but then the following link should help newbies
like us now I will be compiling Dom0 kernel from scratch
http://www.infohit.net/blog/post/running-xen-on-ubuntu-intrepid-and-jaunty.html
now I am experimenting with setting up of Xen on a machine by doing
everything from source.

They have mentioned a config file from the debian if that can help
just check it .

Here it is mentioned about a config file in this link
http://www.infohit.net/blog/post/compiling-a-xen-dom0-kernel-for-ubuntu-jaunty.html

In order to create a configuration that created a bootable kernel I
actually used the configuration file found in this package:
linux-image-2.6.26-2-xen-686_2.6.26-15_i386.deb

You can now copy in the configuration from that kernel using:

cd /usr/src/linux-2.6.29.2-xen/
cp /boot/config-2.6.26-2-xen-686 .config

Configure and Build the Kernel

cd /usr/src/linux-2.6.29.2-xen/
make menuconfig
make
make vmlinuz
make modules_install
I am trying the same hope this helps us.