[Xen-users] RE: XCP: Is there additional documentation available on XCP

To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] RE: XCP: Is there additional documentation available on XCP events API?
From: Stephen Spector <stephen.spector@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:19:42 -0500
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 12:21:43 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>Document: Xen Cloud Platform Software Development Kit Guide

>Chapter 4, "Subscribing to and listening for events"

>1) Where can I find a list of the classes or objects XCP event notification supports?  I am specifically looking for VM >create, copy and delete.

>2) Is there sample code available for registering for events such as VM create, copy or delete?

>Thanks,

>Eric Tolliver

The list of classes are here in the source: (lines 46-70ish) http://xenbits.xen.org/xapi/xen-api.hg?file/43afd61336e5/ocaml/idl/datamodel.ml

For VM create, copy, delete he wants the "VM" class.

There is some sample code here for displaying events:

http://xenbits.xen.org/xapi/xen-api.hg?file/43afd61336e5/scripts/examples/python/watch-all-events.py

I am looking with Dave Scott for the reference API document which also has more details. Thanks.

Stephen Spector

Xen.org Community Manager

T: (772) 621-5062 | F: (772) 365-0338 | M: (954) 854-4257

stephen.spector@xxxxxxx

http://blog.xen.org | @xen_com_mgr