[Xen-users] Windows Server 2008 as DomU, won't reboot / shutdown

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Windows Server 2008 as DomU, won't reboot / shutdown
From: Tapio Salonsaari <take@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 01:33:58 +0300
Delivery-date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 15:34:47 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello!

I have a fresh install of Debian stable with Xen dom0 on it. The dom0 is
amd64 and things run quite smoothly on dom0 side. I installed both W2k8
OEM and Debian Etch as domU's and they run just as well.

The problem here is that I can't shutdown / reboot domU's correctly.
They just halt to "---s--" -state or stay in that for a long time.

Sometimes it helps to 're-create' domU via xm create, specially with
w2k8. That will "wake up" the machine and it'll reboot / shutdown properly.

I have anohter xen dom0 and that doesn't have this kind of issues so I'm
a bit lost here. I've tried to ask from uncle Google and browse trough
archives, but nothing definitive has came up.

Hopefully someone can help me out.

- --
Tapio Salonsaari

My public GPG key is available