RE: [Xen-users] Xen Panic w/ dom0 2.6.30.2(gentoo-xen-kernel.googlecode.

> has
> opensuse
> rebase
> supporting
> dead
> >
> > Out of interest what networking issues have you seen?  I am using
> > 2.6.30-xen-r1 and I lose connectivity to my domUs occasionally.  It
> > seems to happen under heavy disk/network I/O.  I've not isolated to
> > either in particular but when it seems to coincide with lots of NFS
> or
> > rsync activity.  e.g. my gentoo domUs are doing an rsync of the
> portage
> > tree from the dom0 or doing an emerge where distfiles and the ccache
> are
> > mounted by NFS from dom0.  There is nothing in the logs on the domU
> or
> > dom0 except from NFS timeout messages.  I did try -r2 but I just get
> > immediate reboots when xen is relinquishing the vga console.  Going
> > reboot with 2.6.29 later to see if I still get the same behaviour.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > James
> >
> > This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and
> confidential and subject to the Amdocs policy statement,
> > you may review at http://www.amdocs.com/email_disclaimer.asp
> >

> The networking problems I've had with 2.6.30 are malformed packets
> being sent to the domU, see the last few posts in this thread for
> details http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=5915696#5915696

FWIW I seem to have solved the network problems I was experiencing by changing
the following .config options in the kernel:

# CONFIG_XEN_COMPAT_030002_AND_LATER is not set
# CONFIG_XEN_COMPAT_030004_AND_LATER is not set
# CONFIG_XEN_COMPAT_030100_AND_LATER is not set
# CONFIG_XEN_COMPAT_030200_AND_LATER is not set
# CONFIG_XEN_COMPAT_030300_AND_LATER is not set
CONFIG_XEN_COMPAT_LATEST_ONLY=y

(Was CONFIG_XEN_COMPAT_030002_AND_LATER=y)

CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_TX_SHIFT=10

(Was CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_TX_SHIFT=8)

James