Re: [Xen-users] can't add vlans successfully

To: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] can't add vlans successfully
From: Zhang Li <cindy.zhangli@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 17:31:08 +0800
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 02:31:49 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=hGTBzWOzqqa2aU32pTaD2CCwgGUwsBQOnjdOLy3qweE=; b=Tj5cDZc/kLw00f+3EkdphJkhzf4Ql5RQDHj2Clm1WPjb9zyMcZs8KGUtrq2XJIud7b DfzWMD3QbUGn+6mF7JmZy7OUMyVLYc/2ygYEfQq9ZKw7ijeenGNKYjTPa002n6uzgMX8 snceMPizDy4LUBVzbJ8XboVydXjOPNVLNpDj0=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, Fajar

> After that, I'd test whether vlan works before throwing in bridge and
> Xen to mix. For example, I'd create eth0.100 on top of eth0, and test
> it. If it works, I create br100 on top of eth0.100 and move the IP
> address to br100. After it works, I tell domU to use br100 as bridge.

I tried the way you told me, every thing is OK. eth0.100 works, br100
works and I tell domU to use br100.
And then assign one IP ADDRESS to it. it can't ping the address of
outside internet.

Another question, does the domain U must need the 8021Q? When one
DomainU send one frame to another, will the bridge add the tag to the
frame with 8021Q?

I have some experiment here:

If domain U use the 8021Q module, it will add the tag to the frame by
itself and the vlan is setup, bridge doesn't need to add tag. But if
domain U doesn't use 8021Q module, I think the bridge will add the tag
to the frame, the problem of I have told still exists.  I am confused.

--
Best regards
--Li