Re: [Xen-users] can't add vlans successfully

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] can't add vlans successfully
From: Ady Deac <ady@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 07:56:34 +0300
Delivery-date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 21:57:22 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Zhang,

You should consider creating the bridges and the vlans by the distro's networking scripts. Then use network-dummy script in xen.cfg. And use the bridges names in the domUs configs. Xen will attach gracefully to the bridges you create and work like a dream. :)

Regards,
Adrian

Zhang Li wrote:
Hi,

I want to add 2 vlans by the following steps:
1. add the vlan interfaces:
   vconfig add eth0 100      --vlan100
   vconfig add eth0 101      --vlan101

2. modify the network-bridge script by the websit,
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenNetworking#head-04ebcc1760dbc4678e83b116afa310dc0612dc39
   Comment each time ifup or ifdown commands are executed.The reason
is that ifdown ends with error for vlan interfaces.

    /etc/xen/script/network-bridge  start netdev=eth0
   /etc/xen/script/network-bridge  start netdev=eth0.100
   /etc/xen/script/network-bridge start netdev=eth0.101

Then we use brctl show, we can see eth0.100 and eth0.101 bridges is
start up.  Then we start 4 xenU, 2 xenUs on each bridges.

But questions is that: I can't get the 8021q packages with ethereal
tool.  I doubt that I don't setup the vlans successfully. And xenU in
the vlans can't connect the outside by using ping address.

Is anybody know about this?

Best Regards

--Li

--