Re: [Xen-users] Bridges are not working

To: Xen User-List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Bridges are not working
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 15:34:44 +0700
Delivery-date: Tue, 26 May 2009 01:35:23 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 3:16 PM, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda
<leo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The bridge and physical interface MUST be up. On your case, the bridge
>> is eth1 and the physical device is peth1. It does NOT need to have an
>> IP address though.
>>
>> If I'm not mistaken earlier versions of Xen uses xenbr0/xenbr1 as
>> bridge name, so that might be the change you get.
>
> well, I have not be able (or i don't know how ...) to have an interface up
> without an ip ... in the last version of xen, my interfaces file had no entry
> for eth1 (peth1).

Perhaps something like this will work

auto eth1
iface eth1 inet manual

> Yes, this is also I changethat I don't understand.

Xen's default bridging has changed several times, and it has caused
some problems for me in the past as well. Plus I needed to use vlans
(have a bridge for each vlan). So I disabled xend's network scripts
(on xend-config.sxp) and setup vlans and bridges manually from the OS.
I'm using RHEL5.3 btw, which is stable so far, and I can complain to
RH's support (although there was never a need to) if I get problems.

--
Fajar