Re: [Xen-users] can the root password be recovered from a DomU

You can try this from dom0 (in this example the domU uses LVM):

kpartx -av /var/lib/xen/images/vm2.img
        You may need to install kpartx yourself, not sure if it comes "free
inside" (yum search kpartx on CentOs)
        maps disk partitions to device table entries
        uses losetup to create loop devices to disks

vgscan
        To find volume groups on the newly mapped disk

vgchange -ay VM_VG00
        Activate the volume group you need, VM_VG00 is just an example...

mount /dev/VM_VG00/VM_LV00 /mnt
        Mount the filesystem you want,
        Make your changes

umount /mnt