Re: [Xen-users] Optimizing I/O

>�we have 7 Servers with about 30 VM spread accross these servers.
>�Would a iSCSI device with 1Gb/1GB Interface enaough to hold up to 100VM?
>�Or will the IO be not enough? Most VM do serve websites, but some have
>�heavy mysql usage.

The bit of testing I've done to date lead me to I/O bottlenecks when it comes
to shared storage which is why I started this thread. Figure I'm not alone in
trying to find a good balance of hardware but even more important, OS software
tweaks as well.

This is something I used to use, not sure it applies to newer kernels though.

In /etc/sysctl.conf

net.ipv4.tcp_fin_timeout = 30
net.ipv4.tcp_keepalive_time = 1800
net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling = 0