RE: [Xen-users] Optimizing I/O

To: "Rudi Ahlers" <rudiahlers@xxxxxxxxx>, "Craig Herring" <craigeherring@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Optimizing I/O
From: "Robert Dunkley" <Robert@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 13:13:13 -0000
Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 05:17:58 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Some very good advice below. If you have the budget for a decent san
type box for storage then Infiniband + RDMA + ISCSI + DRBD on two
mirrored boxes should allow for excellent performance and easy failover.

Also, I cannot stress enough the importance of a decent raid card,
spread the VMs across multiple raid 1 arrays and a decent SAS card
should let you mix and match SAS and SATA drive arrays which is often
convenient.