Re: [Xen-users] GPLPV network performance

Grant McWilliams wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 9:26 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha <fajar@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:fajar@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     I tested again using:
>     - Xeon X5450 @3GHz (same machine as earlier test), W2k3, single CPU,
>     ACPI -> iperf = 1.4 Gbps
>     - Opteron 2220 SE @2.8 GHz, W2k3, single CPU, ACPI -> iperf = 1 Gbps
>

> I'd be curious about DomU to DomU performance. Nobody seems to test
> this very often but if you have a database server or file server in a
> DomU that's serving out to another then DomU to DomU performance would
> be critical.

Hmm.
I just tested domU <-> domU on the same Xeon dom0 (same config as
above), and got 530 Mbps. The domU that functions as iperf server uses
100% CPU from xm top (both domUs are using different physical CPU).

Oh well, at least it's well above 100 Mbps.

Regards,

Fajar