Re: [Xen-users] howto bring a soundcard into a domU

From: "Todd Deshane"
On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 7:11 AM, Daniel Bauer <mlist@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi @all,

I have many domU on my server and they work fine, some of them have their
own NICs with the PCI param in the config.

Now I try to bring a soundcard for asterisk into a new domU and have the
following trouble:

rz3-ta:~ # lspci
00:00.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Audigy (rev 04)

PCI: Enabling device 0000:00:00.0 (0000 -> 0001)
EMU10K1_Audigy: probe of 0000:00:00.0 failed with error -12

I don't find a solution howto get the card working. In dom0 it works fine.

Have anybody a hint for me?

Have you tried pci.permissive on the kernel command line? (equivalent
to an option to loading the pciback module)

I don't know which options to try :(

Other than that, could it be the driver not working properly in the
guest?

dom0 and domU are the same

Thanks
Daniel