AW: [Xen-users] Firewalling Xen?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: AW: [Xen-users] Firewalling Xen?
From: Franz Von Hahn <franz.vonhahn@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 22:20:47 +0000 (GMT)
Delivery-date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 14:21:31 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
i do firewalling in this way:

the external nic is attached to dom0 and does have multiple ip-adresses (which
are on the public internet). the xenbr0 does have the ip-adress 10.0.0.1 and my
domUs are on that 10.0.0.x-Network. All necesary services are firewall'ed in
the dom0 and their necesary ports are forwarded using NAT. so i'm able to run
multiple webservers (each on its own ip and with port 80), a dns-server, a
mailserver and a windows-machine each in a properly firewalled domU. there's
nothing special about that. but please note, that some services might not work
using NATted transfers. this is just a suggestion, please proof me wrong if
there are any.