[Xen-users] Problem with Windows 2003 domU's

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Problem with Windows 2003 domU's
From: Russell Foster <rghf@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 11:52:48 +0000
Delivery-date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 03:53:52 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi
I was building a template for deploying Windows 2003 and all was working fine however I've hit an issue where trying to start Windows 2003 domU's isn't working and I'm ending up with

[root@LSN-D2066 ~]# xm list
Name                                      ID Mem(MiB) VCPUs State   Time(s)
Domain-0                                   0     2442     4 r-----     23.7
newwintemplate.vm                          4      511     1 ------      0.0
vladawin.vm                                5      511     1 ------      0.0
wintemplate.vm                             6      511     1 ------      0.0

Where the time stays at 0.0. It was working fine and something obviously changed but I don't know what.

When starting the domU the interface is being added to the bridge device as I first thought it was a networking issue as tunctl wasn't installed

[root@LSN-D2066 ~]# brctl show
bridge name    bridge id        STP enabled    interfaces
xenbr1        8000.feffffffffff    no        vifwint01
                           vifvlad01
                           vifneww01
                           peth1
                           vif0.1

If I start a Linux based domU that works fine on the same machine so I thought it was something to do with qemu but I can't see any errors in the logs.

I reset the xenstore via

rm /var/lib/xenstored/tdb
reboot

but still no go. I'm now pretty much out of ideas and would like some guidance on where to look / relevant logs snippits I can post

Thanks

Rus