Re: [Xen-users] Xen and KVM.

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 5:44 PM, Grant McWilliams
<grantmasterflash@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Linux on Linux should never be faster on KVM but with virtio drivers for
> disk and net it should be able to equal Xen in those two areas. Xen
> currently has some IO issues on inbound network traffic that limits it but
> outbound runs as fast as anything.

KVM has around half the context-switches per packet/block transmitted
than Xen, even PV Xen.

also, since the final I/O is a separate thread on each VM's process,
it's easy to tune I/O to your needs with usual Linux tools, even
without any tuning, the workload balance seems better than VMWare
Server on the same machine.  nothing that Xen shouldn't be able to do,
but it's usually much harder to reach the same raw performance.

as said before, choice is good, even for the 'contenders'

--
Javier