[Xen-users] virtual machine lvm issues during install

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] virtual machine lvm issues during install
From: Charlie Reddington <charlie.reddington@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 10:17:09 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 08:21:27 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:mime-version:subject:date:x-mailer:from; bh=HVWgoUJe2PEp7wYLppamQuvHUtBYIWVnqOOZnWluxAo=; b=b8TYcEB/S1WeRggEM+NpeHxgiqlC4WElHJIdHENeDyKrjDTg++RvhyePaUGmu8GZIk CHSpaoyJZba1IqxuBFwoPr8IwgQ6LiNH5R6dEWy5AGwSwtMmdtekCTvTnN/h71zl8DII +rzqcp9GphS4VXUpWqWxkzBnYWLJh0dA/NxCQ=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi everyone, I think I know what the issue is here but I'm looking for some confirmation.

I setup a fresh system, and I made one large lvm for my system just thinking it'd be easier overall, and since this is more of a test system, it wouldn't be a big deal.

I can get all the way to the point of the install, to where it starts to format the system with the 'default layout'.

But it throws the error - "RuntimeError: Error running lvm: Cannot allocate space"

Is this because I'm trying to install the img to a 'file' instead of a separate block?

I have the images going to /var/lib/xen/

THanks for any help,

Charlie