Re: [Xen-users] Xen Installation without virtualization enabled in Bios

To: "s@l" <sal.bayat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen Installation without virtualization enabled in Bios
From: Daniel Kao <dkao@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 14:35:14 -0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 14:35:45 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Did this resolve your domU's connectivity? So the 3rd octect in the domU was incorrect? That would explain pings working from one end and a gateway that's outside of your subnet range which prevents outside connectivity... or something similar...

Cheers,
Daniel

s@l wrote:
My apologies,
Dom0 and DomU are both, in fact, on the same subnet.  I forgot Im only using
a 16 bit subnet mask, I noticed the 3rd subnets of the IP for Dom0 and DomU
were different and made this mistake...

Daniel Kao-2 wrote:
I wouldn't be worried about the state listed by xm list. It's probably fine.

"Eth1 on Dom0 and Eth1 on DomU are set to different subnets."

This is the part I'm confused about. If eth1 is used for dom0 for connectivity, and eth1 is bridged between dom0 and domU and domU is using eth1, why are they in different subnets? If they are in different subnets (unless both are running down the same physical wire), you should be using a routed setup versus a bridged setup.

Cheers,
Daniel

--
Daniel Kao