Re: [Xen-users] Xen Installation without virtualization enabled in Bios

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dustin.Henning@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen Installation without virtualization enabled in Bios
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 22:03:37 +0100
Cc: "'s@l'" <sal.bayat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 14:04:20 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Monday 21 July 2008, Dustin Henning wrote:
>       The virtualization option in the BIOS is for HVM (Full
> Virtualization).  Seeing as how you had guests before this option was
> enabled, you are clearly using PV.  As such, the option would have no
> effect that I know of.  That said, your problem probably lies in Xen
> configuration. Is this your first Xen box?  Hopefully someone skilled at
> troubleshooting network connectivity issues in Xen can assist you with

Incidentally if you wanted to use HVM in future that should work fine also:
Xen comes with HVM support built in, regardless of whether it was enabled
when Xen was installed.  To get the best HVM results you should probably use
the latest update of RHEL.  This shouldn't effect PV behaviour though, so
don't worry about it until you've solved the existing networking problem.

Cheers,
Mark