Re: [Xen-users] Ubuntu XEN cluster - heartbeat reboot issue

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Ubuntu XEN cluster - heartbeat reboot issue
From: "Daniel Asplund" <danielsaori@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 23:13:17 +0200
Delivery-date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 14:14:21 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=Iyep1M+9AAiuf7UQkZ+3MtLAwz8HEA/KfZ7tTk/WhDw=; b=ACO/lL8hy0gcLImEQYuGWlTT0s8lBibCoe9UTwhHv046GjrJBsZuiGiUUEQTPvI/T1 8kM/yjsCeRqZN61P5zqC6FVk9W3f+ZskXMd3dzSlatTb3iffA2AaKAw12yPVuROtxocf TS/u7QmjL9iNKSOZ/vRAQxKPYQrjb9k0lAWVI=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for the reply Stephan,

Not sure the timers in /etc/default/xendomains will be much of help.
Couldn't find any default timer that would make any sense in this
case.

I did some further tests and put the sleep command in the hearbeat
resource script instead of in the init.d script. Putting it there had
no effect at all. So it means that when the heartbeat resource script
is executed during reboot it will not wait for it to complete before
moving along with the shutdown of the system, causing xend to shutdown
before domains are migrated.

Didn't have this problem in Debian, so it could be a combination of
the heartbeat script and Ubuntu's reboot mechanism. But I believed
Ubuntu and Debian would be similar in this aspect?

Regards, Daniel