Re: [Xen-users] Host/guest clipboard?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Host/guest clipboard?
From: jim burns <jim_burn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 23:21:39 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 20:22:17 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tuesday June 17 2008 05:59:08 pm Kris Adler wrote:
> I'm trying to get copy/paste/cut working between my Xen host (FC8 64) and
> guest OSs (Centos 5.1, Windows 2000). I've tried the viewer in
> virt-manager, virt-viewer, and vncviewer. None of them seem to transfer
> clipboard contents between host and guest, even with both clipboard
> checkboxes selected in vncviewer options. Does anyone know how to get this
> working? Thanks.

Clipboard depends on the server you are connecting to. vncviewer from tightvnc
passes the clipboard very well if you are using tightvnc server on the guest,
instead of connecting to the dom0 ip (based on qemu-dm or xen-vncfb). For hvm
domus, this can be very slow, However, for Windows, rdesktop is very good at
passing the clipboard (among other things).