RE: [Xen-users] Dedicate Nic's to DomU's

To: Hans Pfeil <HPfeil@xxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Dedicate Nic's to DomU's
From: augusto lopes <nhanonme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 16:29:20 -0300 (ART)
Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 12:29:59 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
whoever might be having the same issue, CHECK OUT THE FOLLOWING TUTORIAL: http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/470

good luck

Hans Pfeil <HPfeil@xxxxxxx> escreveu:
>>> "Joseph L. Casale" 6/6/2008 10:09 AM >>>
>Hey all I'm new to Linux and Virtualizing. I'm trying to dedicate my nic's to each virtual server. For instance, >virt server A would use nic1 and virt server B would use nic2 and so on. I've been reading some stuff for this >list and to tell you the truth I'm a bit overwhelmed. We are going to run SLES10.1 and Xen. I would >appreciate any assistance. :)

You could pass the NIC through into each pv guest, or create a bridge for
each NIC using a custom wrapper and then use a vif statement to add a NIC
in each guets to each bridge you want. The later is the least complex.

jlc

Joe, thanks for your valuable info. Unfortunately, I'm kinda dumb at this. Don't know where or how to create vif statements, bridges, wrappers or the like. Don't happen to have an example of all this stuff do you? This way I could just copy it over to my side. Thanks.

-Hans