Re: [Xen-users] Re: dom0 freezing

To: "Bernhard Schmidt" <berni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Re: dom0 freezing
From: "Ray Barnes" <rrb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 02:24:26 -0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 23:25:36 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:sender :to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references :x-google-sender-auth; bh=fIKOA5gRI1TdDa77NmejbCIZ1gXWtJwm6O3jUrjZjOI=; b=UDyKk4AtN8YhMfoMLFky2R3xIjGVBBEt5d5OGOCoKLlZNrrDuc5aWvxQF9h/YWnyqM d814qUgUQb25rj8g0uP8qTMShXi01Gr6+MyrjgG7Fj0+SsiaunOWzDYDLeULF+fBhiET RCl9uBpNcK5T8xeZsezr1Ehq21U51rAbbwhp8=
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references:x-google-sender-auth; b=aRh25YGrNmd9VFjR0Wc0mlTKecwzPVn+Nhy2Ujjo9O4qg6BRid2J/+D1XZvKP0Bc9y cQXeSBErxp0kmykEBuDjuIJZATbeP78KxmJOfqMMYxVYM/vqv3drA+FnaOArVtECS76J +vYVMqHsyehzc2pYDA/8mFk+IWebSe5tWWqeQ=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Since you have IPKVM access, ask your host to boot up memtest86 for
you and let your box "cook" for 12 to 24 hours, as these kinds of
problems are always hardware-related in my experience.  I run a
hosting shop and memtest86 is standard operating procedure for all
server deployments.  It will identify hardware issues with the
motherboard/RAM/cpu usually within minutes, and heat-related issues
usually within 24 hours.  I would recommend not taking the IPKVM off
while it's under test for various reasons.  You'll either get a bad
memory block, a lockup, a reboot, or several passes with no error of
any kind.  HTH.

-Ray