Re: [Xen-users] outgoing domU network dies after 135-194 minutes

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] outgoing domU network dies after 135-194 minutes
From: Peter Sjoberg <peters-xen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 21:29:46 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 May 2008 18:30:33 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Done some more testing and found that
* it seems like it always dies after 2h15m-2h45min
* when it dies it dies for all domU and on all ports at the same time
(or at least within 1 minute)
* external traffic to & from dom0 works fine all the time
* traffic peth0->vif1.0->domU eth0 works fine (tcpdump in domU shows
packages)
* traffic domU ->eth0 ->vif1.0 dies directly, eth0 TX counter doesn't
change and tcpdump on vif1.0 shows outgoing no traffic (only incoming)
* I restarted one domU after an hour but it died at the same time as the
others so it seems tied to uptime of dom0

* besides that firewall rules doesn't change after a while I have
everything open
* all domU are paravirtualized

I'm at loss as to where to look. I have started to move over some things
to a second system but it can't handle a full failover (not enough disk
and no backup tape) so I need to figure out what's going on here.

what is the common sw that can effect all 4 domU on all 5 network ports
(vif[1-4].*) but not dom0

/ps