[Xen-users] Problems w/ 3Ware 9650 and 64-bit Xen

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Problems w/ 3Ware 9650 and 64-bit Xen
From: Martin Adolfsson <xen-users@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 10:49:18 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 01:49:50 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I am having trouble getting a RAID card (more specifically the 3Ware
9650SE-4LPML) working on Xen (64-bit).

When using a vanilla (non-Xen) kernel, the card is successfully detected
by the 3w_9xxx driver.

When booting a custom built xen0 kernel, including the 3w_9xxx driver,
the driver is loaded (I see the driver identification in dmesg), but
doesn't seem to find any device to attach to. I.e. no additional output
from the driver.

I have also attempted to bundle the driver in a initrd-package, but with
the same result; I see the driver being loaded but no other output from it.

I took a quick look at the source code for the driver, but didn't see
any options for enabling debugging messages.

Are there some know issues with 64-bit Xen and the 3w_9xxx driver?

Regards,
Martin Adolfsson