[Xen-users] Set PCI device latency from domU?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Set PCI device latency from domU?
From: "Ben Holt" <beanjammin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 12:36:23 -0700
Delivery-date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 12:36:58 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; bh=LxGkay7xjh4VowSv5F3HRgdDXVGw2QEVmn4LP1LzvZk=; b=L5Kz2ur8sDj6eOQNrULqmQ4xft+cN0jigD4kxj2jkwsUSFn/R01aYkWf5CvCMgfyuiDkfCW1XCPUkutpogTGrwGt/V6JcLVwBxFoqWwT8qj/AKg3rCw5tcesQt0iNtIlZMwpIrviSiWSHtOhzUwchR+WEMTjkT7MKF4gHX4Q/VE=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If a PCI device has been passed to a domU is it possible to set its
latency from the domU or does it have to be done from the domO?

When I attempt to set a devices latency from the domU with setpci I do
not receive an error message back indicating a problem, however the
latency as viewed with lspci -v is not changed.  The same setpci
command from the dom0 successfully changes the latency and the change
is shown with lspci -v on both dom0 and the domU to which the device
has been passed.

- Ben