Re: [Xen-users] Xen Book Reco

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen Book Reco
From: "Ryan Burke" <burke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 06:39:00 -0600 (CST)
Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 04:39:34 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> There is a few new books on Xen and I am wondering what books the
> community here has bought and can recommend. The ones I was interested in
> were the following:
>
> 1. The Definitive Guide to the Xen Hypervisor (Prentice Hall Open Source
> Software Development Series)
> 2. Virtualization with Xen(tm): Including Xenenterprise, Xenserver, and
> Xenexpress
> 3. Professional XEN Virtualization
> 4. Xen Virtualization: A Practical Handbook
>
> as they are all recent, so any insight be users would be appreciated!
>
> Thanks!
> jlc

Scott Spector the new Program Manager of Xen.org recommended "The
Definitive Guide to the Xen Hypervisor" by David Chisnall if you are
looking for a very technical understanding of what the Xen hypervisor
does, and Xen in general. He said that Ian Pratt, Xen developer, highly
recommended it to him. Just thought I'd let you know. I haven't had a
chance to get it just yet.

Ryan