[Xen-users] Switching Xenmon on and off

To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Switching Xenmon on and off
From: "Fischer, Anna" <anna.fischer@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 17:47:34 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 09:49:03 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm using Xenmon to monitor Xen system performance, and all works fine. I run
the latest Xen release 3.0.4, 64-bit. I assume that Xenmon does affect the
performance of the system a bit, simply by collecting data etc, and I see that
if it runs then the system performance slows down (a little bit). Now my
question is what is the right way of actually stopping Xenmon completely? I
switch it on by just running xenmon.py, and I kill the process to stop it.
However, even after killing the process, I still see a bit of a performance
slowdown, and I just want to be sure that this is the right way of switching
off Xenmon? Does that leave anything running (in the background or elsewhere)?
Also, are Xen trace buffers switched on and off on-the-fly when
starting/stopping Xenmon?

Thanks,
Anna