[Xen-users] Xen.org source tarballs

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen.org source tarballs
From: "Ryan Burke" <burke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 10:05:16 -0600 (CST)
Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 08:05:50 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
As someone just mentioned it looks like now one is updating the source
tarballs at Xen.org for the new versions that are released, or if they are
then aren't updating the site with that information. I understand it
taking a while to update the Distro RPM/SPRMs but that really should fall
on each of distros since they normally won't be using the newest version
of Xen. It shouldn't be too hard to pull a clean source tarball when the
version tag is created in Subversion and spend a few minutes to update the
site. Hell, I would even do it if I had access to do it. I think that not
having the lastest bug fix versions on the site is not helping the
adoption of Xen in the FOSS world. I know 3.2 is slated to be coming out
in the not to distant future, but at least keeping the source tarballs up
to date on the download page would be helpful to the project.

Ryan