[Xen-users] Support for "Un-Modified OS"

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Support for "Un-Modified OS"
From: rsteele <rsteele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 17:34:29 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 14:36:27 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello list,

I'm currently exploring options for a QA testing environment, and I've
come down to two potential hypervisor solutions, one of which being
Xen.  However, in reading the XenWiki OS compatibility page (among other
docs), I see there is support for "Un-Modified Operating Systems", such
as Windows, as long as I'm running an Intel VTX processor.  However, I'm
concered that the description "Initial support for unmodified guests" is
double-speak for "have fun finding the drivers".  I'm hoping that's not
the case, and that someone on this list could clear up the ambiguity for
me.  I'd much rather stick with OSS if I can, but it's critical that
whatever solution I end up choosing is cost effective.  Thanks!

Best Regards,
Ryan