Re: [Xen-users] PPPoE in DomU exits with error

To: Christian Lyra <lyra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] PPPoE in DomU exits with error
From: kanour-xen <xen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 00:47:39 +1100
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 05:48:31 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Christian Lyra wrote:

 > fwx:/home/lyra# ethtool -i internet
 > driver: 8139too
 > version: 0.9.27
 > firmware-version:
 > bus-info: 0000:01:08.0

 I am assuming that your interface info was from DomU. I actually
 compared few machines and all real (hw - not xen created) interfaces
 have PHYD [some number]. I mean in dom0 and other non xen machines.

Oh... yes... real hardware on domU (pciback).
 The problem is that I don't know what it means :-). Maybe there
should be some number and this indicates that it works as hardware
interface.
 Another question, do you run udev or hotplug on DomU? I don't.

        Yes. I do. From my z25_persistent-net.rules:

# Xen virtual device (8139too)
SUBSYSTEM=="net", DRIVERS=="?*", ATTRS{address}=="00:e0:7d:d9:25:61", NAME="internet"

But i guess maybe you have a point about the pciex. But... as I understand you got the interface running right? if you plug the interface to your switch, it works?

Yes the interface runs fine and it works. I can ping the ADSL modem no problem as other devices on the same subnet.

Can you tell me one more thing in regards to bus-info above.
Does the number there corresponds to lspci number of the same device in dom0?

I have:
Dom0 - 0000:86:01.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82541PI Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 05)

DomU
alsfw01:~# ethtool -i eth2
>  driver: e1000
>  version: 7.1.9-k4-NAPI