Re: [Xen-users] XEN Howto/ Host FC7 Guest Windows Me or Xp

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] XEN Howto/ Host FC7 Guest Windows Me or Xp
From: "Jamie Gavahan" <redpike@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 19:29:25 -0600
Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 17:30:07 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=4f9n9DVflb9fFm/rmpPT66TeebmsXeSEbu+wu7yjoOw=; b=hicdr7XILyFWfthYhHaoGrwxiINHpsCaliwI3klOV87YLDyi8l7ftJAcXjksmaoXSkHr5HVZe81W0NTfpqC0xNdroBrJbBjUSbDNxInMBS0HOltw5dKwWpaiwEWUmwYq1TUOsvUyMd/I7ggRM3inKcSyHGsrDDa/mlHZRF6DH/E=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 11/7/07, Peter Tersløv Forsberg <thevillain@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Nov 8, 2007 1:42 AM, admin@xxxxxxx <admin@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Correction:
> > > I want to get away from Win4lin and use VMWARE, and would appreciate a
> > > comparison in a few lines if you have it handy.
> > >
> > > Should READ
> > > I want to get away from Win4lin and VMWARE, and would appreciate a
> > > comparison with XEN in a few lines if you have it handy.
>
> You need to have support for HVM in your processor. Since you don't
> mention anything about it, I take that you're not knowing whether your
> processor supports it or not... If you do a xm dmesg | grep -i vmx
> from your dom0 and it doesn't give you anything, chances are that your
> processor doesn't support HVM.
>
> regards
> Peter
<snip>

The OP doesn't mention if it is an AMD or an Intel processor.
So in addition to doing xm dmesg | grep -i vmx, which would only work
if it's an intel processor, xm dmesg | grep -i svm should be done as
well.

-Jamie