Re: [Xen-users] xen + suse

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xen + suse
From: Jonathan Ervine <jervine@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 11:00:40 +0800
Delivery-date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 19:01:51 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Friday 02 November 2007 17:41:46 shuki k wrote:
> Hello Amos & Johnatan,
>
> I just try boot options that I thouhgh that will make the life of the
> kernel more "easy" while it boot.
>
> I try to boot with 750Mb & the following boot options:
>
> Kernel command line: root=/dev/xvda1 raid=noautodetect nousb  text
>

> Any idea how to continue? use newer kernel?

You shouldn't need to use a newer kernel - you should stick with the
SLES 10 supplied kernels. Can you confirm whether you're on SLES 10
SP1? If not, you should upgrade to SP1.

Have you actually got the domU instance of SLES 10 installed, or is it
hanging whilst trying to install? You shouldn't have to add your own
kernel parameters to make it 'easy' for the kernel to boot. Did you
install SLES 10 through the yast2 Virtualisation tools applet? This
should have set up the correct parameters for your config file and
allowed the system to boot. From memory it configures VNC and the
screen is displayed via vncviewer. I'll have to have a look at my SLES
10 config files tomorrow - but they were all set up automatically via
vm-install.

Jon