RE: [Xen-users] Problem with xen boot if DOM0 is on the LVM, which is on

To: "'Vladislav Kurz'" <vladislav.kurz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Problem with xen boot if DOM0 is on the LVM, which is on RAID
From: "Artur Linhart - Linux communication" <AL.LINUX@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 18:25:03 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 09:23:26 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

        It really looks so, the script for LVM initialization installed by
Xen 3.1.0 has a wrong name 85-lvm.rules, what causes this is called earlier
than the script 85-mdadm.rules.

        But also if I rename this script to 86-lvm.rules, rebuild the
ramdisk and restart the system, it again hangs after the raid initialization
and the error

        Check root= bootarg cat /proc/cmdline

or missing modules, devices: cat /proc/modules ls /dev

ALERT! /dev/mapper/VG_HIGHLAND_SYSTEM-LV_DOM0 does not exist. Dropping to
shell!

Is shown on the display, in the shell the volume group can be initialized...

        :-(... Any other ideas?

        With best regards, Artur