RE: [Xen-users] amd processors + virtualisation

To: "Thomas Harold" <tgh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] amd processors + virtualisation
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 16:43:26 +0200
Cc: Alex Samad <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 29 May 2007 07:42:00 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There isn't any compile option to remove/add this flag as such. There is
of course a need to have a new-enough kernel that knows about this flag,
so an older kernel may not recognise the flag itself.

> On the newer CentOS5 boxes using AM2 Athlon64 X2 and SocketF Opteron
> CPUs, the default CentOS5 kernel does allow the "svm" flag to peek
> through.  And I have not installed virtualization support on
> this box (yet).

Presumably, you have a recent enough kernel now (it's been in there for
quite some time, I spent a few minutes trying to locate the version
where it went in, but I (using google) wasn't able to find it...)

--
Mats